Monday, November 5, 2012

THIS IS WHAT KEEPS ME GOING.

I remember when I stayed up all night with my brother putting our Lego set together. I remember when my dad would take the kids and we would pretend the car was a rocket ship and drive crazy.

 I remember when me and my brother would sleep in the kitchen. I remember when my siblings and I would fall asleep on our pull out couch, watching Peter Pan.

I remember when I traded my friends a Chalamander for a Charizard. I remember when my brother was the Pokemon trainer and I was the Pokemon. I remember when me and my friend Ben found a snake in my back yard and had my dad catch it so we could touch it. I remember the tree in my backyard that I would climb everyday. I remember the pop machine down the road. I always got root beer.

I remember when my family was poor but we were happy. I remember the lights when my dad would take the family for a ride when life was moving too fast. I remember the door that had a chime because my brother would steal my parents money and stick it into the hole in the door.

I remember when life was simple and all I had to worry about is what I wanted. I remember when my friend gave me a Chinese dagger and I chopped off all my sister's barbie doll's heads and then I accidentally stabbed my hand. I remember when I went to kindergarten and at recess I would swing on the swings and stare at the sun.

I remember when I would go camping with my dad and there was a moose outside our tent. I remember when I caught my first fish on my own. I remember hiking at night with my dad and watching the stars.

I remember when we would go over to my grandma's every Sunday. I remember when my aunts and uncles weren't mad at everyone. I remember Thanksgiving dinners and BYU football. I remember my dad coaching tee-ball. I remember going to work with my dad and getting bored until I found the water dispenser.

These are some of my memories. Nostalgic.

10 comments:

  1. I remember when me and my brother would sleep in the kitchen.

    I remember when i traded my friends a Chalamander for a Charizard.

    These are some of my memories. Nostalgic.

    I stole all those--I can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when I went to kindergarten and at recess I would swing on the swings and stare at the sun.

    I don't know why I love this line so much, but I do.
    This post is great, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember going to work with my dad and getting bored until I found the water dispenser.

    I like the whole thing, but this one made me laugh because it sounds like something I would do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. reminds me of the wright brothers... you know the guys who flew.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Albert Einstein was born in Ulm, Germany on March 14, 1879. As a child, Einstein revealed an extraordinary curiosity for understanding the mysteries of science (started only at age 10/11). A typical child (only to his socio-economic class — educated middle class), Einstein took music lessons, playing both the violin and piano — a passion that followed him into adulthood. Moving first to Italy and then to Switzerland, the young prodigy graduated from high-school in 1896.
    Wilbur Wright
    Wilbur Wright
    Born April 16, 1867 Millville, Indiana
    Died May 30, 1912 (aged 45) Dayton, Ohio
    Occupation printer/publisher, bicycle retailer/manufacturer, airplane inventor/manufacturer, pilot trainer
    Orville Wright
    Orville Wright
    Born August 19, 1871 Dayton, Ohio
    Died January 30, 1948 (aged 76) Dayton, Ohio
    Occupation printer/editor, bicycle retailer/manufacturer, airplane inventor/manufacturer, pilot trainer

    “If birds can glide for long periods of time, then… why can’t I?”

    - Orville Wright

    ReplyDelete